So far everyone I have spoken to has said the Exhibition was marvellous! Congratulations to all those who organised it and all who worked to make it a really great event. I have now put a number of pictures on the Gallery and several on the home page. Gaynor Lamb – Web Editor.
Friday October 25th and Saturday October 26th, 2019
Friday 10am-5pm and Saturday 10am-4.30pm. Admission £4.
The next Guild Exhibition takes place at Lewes Town Hall, Fisher Street, Lewes BN7 2QS.
Captivating Colour is the theme of our Exhibition. Members have dyed and spun silk to make woven scarves which will be raffled at the exhibition. Most of the silk for scarves has now been spun by members and as soon as the last skeins are in they will be sent to the weavers to begin weaving for the raffle. This exhibition is a showcase for items made by our members. Members are also able to sell all kinds of woven, spun and dyed items. Any technique is welcome as long as one of the three main crafts has been included. There are lots of trade stands selling all things fibre, spinning,dyeing and weaving related and there is an opportunity to buy second hand equipment. The exhibition also includes demonstrations on various guild skills.
LATEST PICTURE. These beautiful scarves have just been handed in to the committee.
East Sussex Guild of Weavers, Spinners & Dyers
Exhibition & Sale Instructions – 2019
- All items must be submitted between 10am and 12noon, at either the September or October Guild meetings. Large items can, by prior arrangement, be brought to the Town Hall on Thursday 24th October between 10am and 12noon. However, forms for them are to be submitted at either the September or October Guild meetings.
- All items, both for Exhibition and Sale, must be checked in at the Exhibition/Sales desks. There will be a Guild member there to receive items.
- Please Note: Items will not be accepted without the correct labels and forms already completed.
- At the end of the Exhibition, all remaining items must be checked out at the Exhibition/Sales desks before being taken away.
- If you cannot be there, please make sure someone else is responsible for checking out your items.
- Exhibition and Sales Forms will be available on the website, and will be e-mailed before the September meeting or, if you can’t print your own, at Guild meetings. Labels available at meetings.
- Each item must have an Exhibition label (with just your name) attached, and a completed Exhibit Information Form. Details will be entered on a list when the item is checked in and a catalogue number given.
- Each Exhibition item must be work completed since the last Exhibition.
- Each item for sale should be listed on the Sales Item Form (separate line for every item) and have a Sale label attached, completed clearly with the Reference Number (your full initials + item number) and price.
- Size and care instructions must be on the back of the Sale label or on the garment.
- A commission charge of 20% will be made on all items sold, decreasing to 10% for those who volunteer to help on any or all of 24th to 26th
- Sales items which have been submitted for 3 Exhibitions should not be re-submitted.
Second Hand Equipment – please note, rules 11 and 12 apply
- Each item must have a Sale label securely attached and a Sales Item Form completed as in 9 above.
- Large items may be brought to the Town Hall on Thursday 24th as stated in 1 above, but Sales Item Forms must be submitted at the September or October Guild meetings.
- Larger items (looms etc.) can be advertised using our noticeboard, with a photograph and contact details, for £5.00 for the two days.
- Unsold items must be collected at the end of the Exhibition, as in 4 above.
No Forms for the Exhibition, Sales or Second Hand Equipment will be accepted
after Saturday, 19th October.